Monday, November 4, 2013
Saturday, November 2, 2013
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Live in Bronx/Manhattan, need help in polishing your resume, search for job opportunities or getting online? NYCHA Mobile Computer labs travel around the city Mon-Fri between 10-4. Access is free and each van has 8 Computers. For details call 212-306-8090 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Go to http://www.nyc.gov/html/nycha/html/community/education_digital_vans.shtml for full details.
Urgent update sent out by Steven Chan, EBS Application Technology Director. His message is posted below
From: "Steven Chan"
Date: June 13, 2012 14:32:07 EDT
To: "Steven Chan"
Subject: URGENT BULLETIN: Disable Java JRE Auto-Update for All E-Business Suite End-Users Immediately
All EBS desktop administrators must disable JRE Auto-Update for their end-users immediately. See this externally-published article:
- URGENT BULLETIN: Disable JRE Auto-Update for All E-Business Suite End-Users
https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/bulletin_disable_jre_auto_updateIf you have Auto-Update enabled, your JRE 1.6 version will be updated to JRE 7.Why is this required?
Oracle Forms is not compatible with JRE 7 yet. JRE 7 has not been certified with Oracle E-Business Suite yet. Oracle E-Business Suite functionality based on Forms -- e.g. Financials -- will stop working if you upgrade to JRE 7.
- This may happen as early as July 3, 2012.
- This will definitely happen after Sept. 7, 2012, after the release of 1.6.0_35 (6u35).
Java 1.6.0_33 is certified with Oracle E-Business Suite. See this externally-published article:
- Java JRE 1.6.0_33 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/bulletin_disable_jre_auto_update
- This email may be distributed to customers.Regards,Steven....................................Steven ChanSr. Director, Applications TechnologyOracle E-Business Suite DevelopmentE-Business Techstack Blog: http://blogs.oracle.com/stevenchan