Thursday, April 22, 2010

SQLDeveloper copying Connections.xml

Sharing connections across the team members in SQLDEVELOPER is a breeze.
Step1: get the connections.xml from any one of the users and copy to your local directory (In Linux it is found at .sqldeveloper/system2.1.1.64.45/o.jdeveloper.db.connection.11.1.1.2.36.55.30/ directory).

Step 2: When I started the SQLDEVELOPER (if you want to know how to add SQLDEVELOPER to your linux menu click here), and clicked on one of the connections that appears on the left, I got an error (Screen 01)


A little investigation showed that I had missed setting the ORACLE_HOME variable correctly. After correcting this, reclicking on the connection I got ocijdbc11.in.java not in library path (Screen -2)

Step 3:
 If I select connection type as Basic (instead of TNS), and the enter values needed, I am connected!. (Screen -3)

No comments: